vb.net - MDI menu shortcut not working while other Form active -


my project have mdi form , 's have menu many shortcut shortcut work fine while 's focus when open form shortcut stop working because mdi form not active how can send keyboard press mdi form trigger menu shortcut

this how open child window

 frmchild.owner = me  frmchild.show() 

i make key press , key down events static , public , them in key press ,key down in child form 's work , sent keyboard input mdi form menu shortcut never trigger.

frmmdi

public shared sub frmmdi_keydown(sender object, e keyeventargs) handles me.keydown  end sub 

frmchild

private sub frmchild_keydown(sender object, e keyeventargs) handles me.keydown     frmmdi.frmmdi_keydown(sender, e) end sub 

thanks.

you don't need call in child keydown handler mdiparent keydown handler. menu shortcut of parent work without this. reason it's not working because should have

frmchild.mdiparent = me 

instead of

frmchild.owner = me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

python - mat is not a numerical tuple : openCV error -

c# - MSAA finds controls UI Automation doesn't -

wordpress - .htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters -